Have you ever felt like you were stuck in a rut? Are you dealing with some tough emotional issues? Maybe you’re just feeling a bit lost and things in your life don’t feel right somehow. Maybe you know why or maybe you have no idea. Either way, feeling this way can leave you frustrated, anxious, sad or lacking motivation and energy.
Whatever situation you find yourself in, you can guarantee you’re not alone. There are times in our lives when we all feel that way. When I go through these phases I can usually trace it back to one thing; I’m not caring for myself enough. Sure, I could list you a whole host of different things that have happened that I’ll blame for the way I’m feeling, but ultimately these are symptoms and not the cause.
A lot of great thought leaders on self-care and self-love, such as Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson to name just two, have written and taught extensively on how crucial taking care of ourselves and loving ourselves is. But it can also be one of the hardest things to consistently achieve.
Crystals and crystal healing are a great accompaniment to a self care routine and can kickstart a routine if you don’t already have one. They are quick and easy to use and a great deal of beneficial healing work can be carried out in as little as 15 minutes.
Those of you who are familiar with my work with children and crystals will know how I value the use of affirmations to strengthen the healing that crystals allow our bodies to do. Today I’m going to teach a great way to use both crystals and affirmations to kick start a routine to care more for ourselves.
For this routine you will need 2 medium sized clear (male) quartz points and 2 medium sized milky (female) quartz points. The photo below shows both types of crystals and the difference between the two is apparent.
The clearer of the Quartz points have in energy terms, ‘masculine’ or ‘positive’ traits which omit intense energies. These energies stimulate mental and physical activity and are great for eliminating confusion, physical exhaustion and for stimulating the chakras.
Milky quartz points have ‘feminine’ or ‘negative’ energies which are very calming and counteract the effect of over-stimulation. They can be used to accelerate spiritual momentum and activate the chakras relating to intuition and clairvoyance. Milky quartz is useful if you are suffering from over-abundance of mental, emotional or physical activity which causes painful headaches and migraines.
As we are all made up of male and female energies the use of equal numbers of male and female quartz points during this treatment restores our energetic balance therefore helping our mind and body to heal itself.
For best results the treatment should be carried out for at least 15 minutes and no later than 3 hours before bedtime as clear quartz is very energising. You can carryout this treatment on a daily basis or as often as you can comfortably fit into your life.
Self-Care Treatment – The Steps
- Lay down in a place where you will be comfortable and undisturbed for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the 4 quartz points in the following positions (you may also wish to refer to the diagram below, courtesy of Sue White of the Snow Bird Centre).
- Place a male clear quartz point at the top of your head; 15 cm (6 inches) away from the Crown Chakra with the point facing towards the top of the head.
- In your left hand hold a female milky quartz point facing upwards and slightly pointing towards your wrist.
- Between but below your feet place a female milky quartz point (or you can you a quartz cluster if you prefer) with the point facing towards the body.
- In your right hand hold a male clear quartz point facing down towards your feet and your fingers.
- Relax in this position for at least 15 minutes whilst repeating an affirmation specific to any issues that you are wishing to address. If you have no specific concerns, a general affirmation to focus upon throughout this treatment could be “I am safe. Life loves me and all is well in my world.”
- After 15 minutes (or longer if you prefer) gently and slowly sit yourself up, taking care to ensure that you are grounded before you get up.
It is important to realise that emotional issues can arise when you use a technique such as this one. Self care and lots of it is the answer to deal with any emotional issues that arise as a result of using this technique. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, eat well, take rest when you need to, use rose quartz to soothe and always seek medical advice when and where appropriate. Crystal healing is a complementary therapy and is not a substitute for appropriate medical care.